Problem with postfix after ISP upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vsinyakov, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. vsinyakov

    vsinyakov New Member

    The problem is that during upgrade, script replaced two lines in /etc/postfix/ file:

    smtpd_client_restrictions =
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

    with some default values . The rest of the settings in this files was unchanged.
    I made some customization in those lines.

    I did upgrade by running script.

    In september I made upgrade from to
    Yesterday I made upgrade from to and in both cases I did have the same problem with Postfix.

    Please make changes to that during next upgrade it will not replace those two lines any more.

    Thank you.
  2. damir

    damir New Member

    ISPConfig during update asked you if you would like to re-configure services. This means that all custom added code is gone and replaced with the default code.

    Next time choose NO or backup config files and diff them with new ones.
  3. vsinyakov

    vsinyakov New Member

    thank you .
    The next time I will select do not re-configure services option.

    I think it will be very helpfull when during update, question about re-configuring services will show a little bit more explanation how it's works.
    For example it will show the file name with full path which will be changed and so.
  4. damir

    damir New Member

    When you update through expert option, you can reconfigure per service.

    You can always add ideas that's gonna make ISPConfig even better to bugtracker and maybe they will implement it in next version of ISPConfig.

Share This Page