Problem with phpmyadmin after upgrade to

Discussion in 'General' started by Overcrook, Apr 16, 2011.

  1. Overcrook

    Overcrook New Member

    [SOLVED] Problem with phpmyadmin after upgrade to


    after my update to I can not open my /phpmyadmin site.

    I use phpmyadmin with the ispconfig3 ssl cert.
    Therefore I open phpmyadmin with "" https://MY-SERVERIP:8080/phpmyadmin ""

    Before the update everything worked fine, but after the update all I get is a " 404 The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server ".

    Please help.


    Hm .. okay that is odd.

    I looked in my apache2-error.log and found the line:
    " File does not exist: /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/phpmyadmin "

    I don't know why ispconfig3 wants the phpmyadmin files in this folder, but after a symlink everything is working again.

    Before the update it was enough to have a symlink in /var/www/ .

    I don't know why I got this error, but I'm happy that everything is working again.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    ISPConfig does not wnat phpmyadmin to be there and adding a symlink there is a security risk. So please remove the symlink that you have added there. I guess you have set no or a wrong path to phpmyadmin in system > interface config in ispconfig. It has to be a complete URL starting with http://.
  3. Overcrook

    Overcrook New Member

    Thanks Till,

    I've removed the symlink. Don't want a security risk with my half-assed solution :)

    But I think that I've found my mistake:

    Since I use the SSL-Cert. from ispconfig3 for phpmyadmin I looked again ( for the 100th time ) in the apache2 config files and found something. ^_^

    I use this code in my /../ispconfig.vhost:

    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile // MY FILE PATH //
    SSLCertificateKeyFile // MY FILE PATH //
    SSLProtocol All -SSLv2
    SSLCipherSuite ALL:!EXP:!NULL:!ADH:!LOW
    SetEnvIf User-Agent “.*MSIE.*” nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
    But after the update the last 3 lines were missing. So I added the lines, and my phpmyadmin works again without the symlink + no errors in my logs.

    I don't believe that it has something to do with the update, but anyway everything works fine and I'm happy.

    And now I hope that I didn't do something stupid again.


Share This Page