Problem with migrate tool

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Spaetzle, Jan 26, 2021.

  1. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Today I started to migrate some domains with the help from the ispconfig migration tool
    I am trying to migrate some Domains from on multi server environment to another.
    The source environment consist of:
    • ISPConfig Panel (master) (1)
    • Web Server (2)
    • Mail Server (3)
    • DB Server (4)
    • NS (5)
    The target environment consists of:
    • ISPConfig Panel (master) (6)
    • Web Server (7)
    • Mail Server (8)
    • DB Server (9)
    • NS (10)
    • Web/Mail/DB Server (11)

    I already migrated some sites from the first environment to the second without problems. There all migrations went from DB (4) to DB (9) server, panel (1) to panel (6) and so on ((2)->(7), (3)->(8), (5)->(10)).
    Now I tried to migrate a site where the client data should move from source panel (1) to target panel (6), NS data from source NS (5) to target NS (5). Web(2) and DB(4) from the source systems should go to combined Web/Mail/DB (11). mail migration was not started yet.
    Here I started with the client data. This process worked until the following message was shown:
    But no hint can be seen on the panel server itself.
    I started the other migration more or less in parallel. Now all processes are waiting with the message
    As I can see the clients, web, databases, ns entries and so on were created. I can see them in the ISPConfig backend.
    But no filesystemdata seems to get copied. The directorys /var/lib/mysql/<databasenames> are more or less empty. The directory for the webdata just shows a std. web, not the one found on the original web server (2).

    Do you have a hint what I can do to solve this?

  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Please contact migration tool support here to get help with migration tool issues:

    Besides that, the migration tool writes a migrate.log file that contains all steps that have been done and all error messages. And the tool can not start to copy the actual data unless the job queue has been completely processed, so if the tool reports that there are jobs left in the queue but the master says that all jobs have been cleared, then it might be that the connection from tool to master server api got blocked. This can happen when you use web server modules like mod_evasive or similar that blocks systems that do many connections.
  3. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hi Till
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will send a request do migration support then and hope I get an answer before my connection is closed down ... ( I will get an new IP at about 3:15 ...).

    Maybe some one has an idea here.
    What i have found in migration.log is that the last entries show an Warning at about every half hour:
    Maybe this helps some one for giving me a hint ...

  4. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter


    The problem was solved with the help of Marius from ispconfig support. Thanks again.
    It was caused by a missing php package on one of the target servers.
    Some time I installed additional PHP versions on the server. One of those was set to system default and with this php version the package
    was missing. After installing this one every thing worked smooth again.
    Better solution might have been to set the PHP version for the cli back to the systems default (it was set to 8.0 on Ubuntu 20 instead of 7.4)

    till likes this.
  5. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    PHP 8 can't be used as a system default anyway, ISPConfig is not compatible with that version yet, you will get all kinds of PHP code errors. So if you have not switched back to 7.4 as default version, I highly recommend doing that.
  6. Spaetzle

    Spaetzle Member HowtoForge Supporter

    As there were problems I switched back ;-)
    I hope my experience with that helps other to track down similar problems faster.
    For installing the additional PHP packages on the server I used a ppa from launchpad. After installing PHP8 the cli default was set to PHP8. I did not notice that there were problems until I tried to migrate some sites ... The ISPConfig Frontend was running on another server and default PHP for apache was set to PHP7.4.


Share This Page