problem with Automated ISPConfig 3 Installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brody182, Nov 4, 2021.

1. brody182

brody182 Member

just realized that PHPMyAdmin did not install correctly my Debian 11 fresh install.

the files exist in the directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.sample.inc.php" but not this file "
    /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php"

I have to admit, during installation, I did not use su -, but it does not matter because I was logged in as root user

What do I have to do now? run update.php or run the automated installer again?

I do not know what else has not been installed.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would run automated installer again correctly in this round.

3. brody182

brody182 Member

4. brody182

brody182 Member

I used this exact example

wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-nginx --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades

5. brody182

brody182 Member

[ERROR] The server already has ISPConfig installed. Aborting.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The autoinstaller doesn't currently support reinstall, if you can wipe and reinitialize the vps you could run it fresh.

7. brody182

brody182 Member

also, in the administrator, sites, databases, the link to access PHPMyAdmin is :8080/PHPMyAdmin instead it should be :8081/PHPMyAdmin

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is configurable under System > Interface > main config, it needs to be set after installation.

9. brody182

brody182 Member

PHPMyAdmin URL: /phpmyadmin

it was always like that,

10. brody182

brody182 Member

this is weird because these fields are set in the file /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).
    [​IMG] The $cfg['TempDir'] (/var/lib/phpmyadmin/tmp/) is not accessible. phpMyAdmin is not able to cache templates and will be slow because of this.

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must use the FQDN URL, because /phpmyadmin translates to a local URL on the current port in web browser or in other words, it translates to 8080/phpmyadmin. So if you want to point it to a URL on port 8081, you must use:

https://yourserver.domain.tld:8081/phpmyadmin

But that#s all not specific to the auto-installer, has been like this since the first ISPConfig 3 version.