Problem with a flooder

Discussion in 'General' started by K_meleonu, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. K_meleonu

    K_meleonu Member

    I had a problem with a stupid flooder kid today wich flooded my servers IP's and i want to know if is there any law or something about this.
    I want to inform the local authorities about this and sue him if i can.

    If you know anything about any law regarding this please tell me.

    Sorry if i posted in the wrong section.

    Thank you werry much in advance.
  2. robd

    robd New Member

    two ideas

    Hi there,
    two ideas for you

    you could add a rule to the firewall to prevent connections to your box from that IP address.

    you could contact the owner of that IP range and report them for abuse. Try looking up the IP to find the abuse address for that IP block.


  3. robd

    robd New Member

    where are you? where is local for you?
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    You can get the responsible cable provider for the IP address with whois and then write a email to their abuse address.
  5. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Share This Page