problem getting some apps to start at boot time

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by ali888, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ali888

ali888 New Member

I am having a difficulty in getting the following applications to automatically run at boot time on ubuntu server 10-04 after adding assp program to the startup list.

- apache2
    - postfix
    - dovecot

What I found out was as soon as I remove the assp program from the startup by the command "$ sudo update-rc.d -f assp remove" and then re-booted the machine, I have no problem with apache2, postfix and dovecot. All of these get started at boot time.

However, they stop running at boot time after I put in the assp back to the startup list by using the command "$ sudo update-rc.d assp defaults".

therefore, I am not sure what to do here to make them all starting at boot time. I need assp to filter spam from the outside world.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are there any errors related to this in your logs?

Can you start these servers manually when assp is running, or do you get error messages?
  3. ali888

ali888 New Member

Hi Falko,

Thank you for your reply. This has been fixed already. I now got all the applications to start at boot time. The problem was I stuffed up when moving the ASSP folder from the old system to the new system.

All is good.

Thank you for looking into this issue.