Problem: Changes are not applied anymore!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Gijs, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Hi,

I just encounterd this problem:
    Every change I make is not populated to the servers anymore!
    This message: The following changes are not yet populated to all servers is just not getting away. Also a client just called and told me the same thing.

Please help! Any idea how to solve this?
    Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Gijs

Gijs New Member

In debug mode, this is the error:

26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Found 4 changes, starting update process.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'apps_vhost_plugin' raised by event 'server_update'.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'network_settings_plugin' raised by event 'server_update'.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Network configuration disabled in server settings.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 2020
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'apps_vhost_plugin' raised by event 'server_update'.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Calling function 'update' from plugin 'network_settings_plugin' raised by event 'server_update'.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 2021
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 2022
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 2023
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Calling function 'restartHttpd' from module 'web_module'.
    26.09.2013-12:50 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock

Is there any problem in it?

4. till

Thats ok, there is no error in the output. Errors or warnings would be prefixed with ERROR or WARNING instead of DEBUG. Accordng to the log, all changes have been written to disk (at east on the server were you executed the server.sh script.

Is this a multiserver system?

5. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Ok thanks.

Yes it is, web en db on one server, seperate mailserver and two seperate DNS servers..
    Brought me on an idea and tried to execute this command on the mailserver:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

And that gives this error:
    -bash: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh: cannot execute binary file

Also, it is only happening indeed when I edit the mailserver settings like an email mailbox..
    Website settings are updated fine

6. Gijs

Gijs New Member

I did chmod +x server.sh
    Now it doesn't give any errors anymore, but it doesn't say finished either and ISPConfig says that it is still not populated..

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

-----------

Edit: sorry my bad, still giving this error:
    -bash: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh: cannot execute binary file

-----------

Edit: And I also see that other slave servers can't execute the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh file. Is that a problem or the way it was designed?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  7. till

the server.sh script is always executable when ispconfig is installed. If its no marked as executabe on your server, then this must have been changed manually after the ispconfig installation or you tried to access it with a wrong user. The script has to be excuted by the root user if you want to run it manually.

See here:

Code:
    -rwxr-x--- 1 ispconfig ispconfig 164 Sep 10  2013 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

8. Gijs

Gijs New Member

I run it with root user:
    -rwxr-x--- 1 root ispconfig 491 Sep 26 15:13 server.sh

but if I open the file, it looks like this:
    ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

And that goes on much longer..
    So maybe the file is corrupted? The content shows on another slave server. Only on the master ISPConfig server it shows just fine as text..

Maybe there is a problem? How does your file look like?

9. till

This is the content of the server.sh script of the ispconfug tar.gz file:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

. /etc/profile

umask 022

if [ -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/php.ini ]; then
            PHPINIOWNER=`stat -c %U /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/php.ini`
            if [ $PHPINIOWNER == 'root' ] || [ $PHPINIOWNER == 'ispconfig'  ]; then
                    export PHPRC=/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib
            fi
    fi

cd /usr/local/ispconfig/server
    /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php

10. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Then it gives:
    Segmentation fault

Is that the file from your slave server? Because from my master server it is the same. Or are they the same on all slave servers?

11. till

This file is the same on all servers. You should download ispconfig tar.gz on that server, unpack it and run the update.php script in the install folder so that the installer replaces all ispconfig files with correct new versions.

12. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Thanks for your help so far!
    But also, when running the update.php by just "php update.php" gives the "segmentation fault" error. Or is my server just totally wrecked?

13. Gijs

Gijs New Member

Solved!

After hours and hours of searching and with the great help of Till, I solved my problem.

So there were many files corrupt in my ISPConfig installation. No idea how that is possible but I wanted to update the files and that gave the error: "segmentation fault"

So finally I gave it a try by removing php5-cli and getting this command to get everything running again:
    apt-get -y install php5-cli php5-mysql php5-mcrypt mcrypt

The files were still corrupted of course but I could run scripts again with php. So now I could also use the update.php and, voila! Everything works great agin now.

Thanks Till again!