Problem: Apps & Addons (no list) and Joomla freezes

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sarr, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Sarr

Sarr New Member

Hi,

I've just successfully installed ISPConfig on Nginx via this tutorial:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-wheezy-nginx-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

The only problem was:
    I couldn't install php5-ming and php5-ps. I got message it's dependencies are not met. So I skipped them, everything else was installed and ISPConfig works.

The problems now are:
    1. I can't install Joomla 3.5 (I install newest). It freezes when I submit inputs on first step in Joomla Installer (progress bar loads forever).
    2. I can't populate the Apps & Addons list in ISPConfig. I click on "Update Pakages list" and it works for split second, but no packages on the list.

I've seen those packages once - few pages of it. I was when I first opened ISPConfig today, but that was an install of it from yesterday (which had the same issue yesterday, I clicked to update and list was blank). But I wiped VPS and installed ISPConfig again to make sure I didn't do any mistakes.

And those problems still persist. I'd be very thankful for help - I don't have money at the moment for subscription but I bought ISPConfig Manual :D.

Here is the error from domains' error.log:
    2013/09/28 16:17:37 [error] 5933#0: *507 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 656
    PHP message: PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 659
    PHP message: PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 656
    PHP message: PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 659" while reading upstream, client: 77.255.242.36, server: ogloszenia-muzyka.pl, request: "POST /installation/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9010", host: "ogloszenia-muzyka.pl", referrer: "http://ogloszenia-muzyka.pl/installation/index.php"

Regards,
    Sarr from Poland

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How much RAM does your vps has?

Are there no other errors then the one you posted in the error.log of the domain. The messages you posted are just some php deprecated notices, they will not cause a script to fail.

And which php mode did you use? The recommended mode is php-fcgi or php-fpm and suexec has to be enabled. the joomla files have to be owned by the web user and client group of this website.

Please tak a look into the global apache error.log for errors.

Thanks! :)