Postfix warnings on my ISPConfig logs

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by eko_taas, Nov 17, 2011.

1. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

My email server seems to have an issue :(

ISPConfig 3.0.4 / Mail-Warn - Log:
    When opening thunderbird, I get also warning
    ISPConfig3 Mail server (Debian squeeze) is almost empty, only existing few "Fetch emails from external POP3 / IMAP servers" making that account 3000+ emails....

Tried to google solution already w/o success :(

Any advice for newbee (on servers)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

From where do you fetch these emails? Maybe you created a mail loop by forwarding the emails or a copy of the emails back to the account where you fetch the emails from.

3. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

fetch mails

ISPConfig3 account [email protected] fetches emails from 2 accounts
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    (This is due my ISP has blocked port 25 to server1.excample.com and is temp work-around)

There is No Mail Forward set on server1.example.com

Due some hackers on other forums, I changed email passwords for hotmail and gmail just few days back (and also on Fetch-mail-items). Also update to 3.0.4. done few days back.

Which one has caused this, cannot tell....

When opening email with roundcube / webmail, e.g. sort-by-date does not work well at all (as was working before)..

4. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

deactivated 30min back all mail fetch from ISPConfig3, yet still same error every 5min on "Mail-Error - Log"

5. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

Messages dublicated

One more: On [email protected] mailbox setings "Send copy to " empty...

Problem seems like all mails are listed many times, some of them up to 16 times :confused: (and some "only" 8 times :( . This happened only after told changes....

I would not like to delete this email-box, as used as achive for hotmail and gmail accounts...

Now put also Spamfilter as "unsensored" for both email-domain and box to test if helps....

6. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

error with deactivated email domains

Now deactivated also all email domains and finally whole email-service (on server1), still after restart and waiting 1.5h error look like this:

Do I have to clear something (buffers or similat) before this should end?

7. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

How to reset queue?

Have not been able to solve yet :mad:

I still assume problem is with fetch-function (tries to fetch again and again 4000 emails several times per hour?). But before I know how to reset those 20000 from buffer, I cannot e.g. create new account to archive latest emails.

How to reset / remove that queue? anyone?

8. eko_taas

eko_taas New Member

Finally Google found me something to try.....

http://homepage.mac.com/filipp/files/category-7.html
    and
    http://ramnik.net/wp/?p=5

So I tried hard way
    As fetch-items now "deactivated", I hope that back in business and will start one by one to see root cause (if any)...

Now mail warnings looks better

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011