Postfix+MySql running on a non default port

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by PToN, Oct 23, 2006.

1. PToN

PToN New Member

i have set up server1 with Postfix+MySQL+Courier+TLS on RHEL4 and everything works five, but recently i was asked to add a server2 that doesnt requiere any authentication from local users and it must be on port 25..

So the server2 is installed and it runs sendmail; all the needed local pcs are able to send mail with no problems...

But on my nice setup on server1 connections get rejected. I changed the port from 25 to 125 and i am able to send emails with no problems, but i cant receive any mail. If i check the logs i see no attempts of connection on server1, but if i go to a server3 and send mail from it i see the following line:
    So my question is: How cant i get this tutorial ( to work on a port other than 25...? I check the router and firewall and none of them are blocking the port, also if i go to a remote computer and "telnet 125" it works, it iw able to connect with no problems.. but again, if i send email from a remotedomain to the connection get refused...

Any ideas..?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. PToN

PToN New Member

On that tutorial the part that says to modify /etc/pam.d/smtpd.conf, if i change that to and make it authenticate against my AD right...?

has anyone tried that...?