[Postfix] Email Delivery Error Logs

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by alleks, Nov 19, 2010.

1. alleks

alleks Member

Hi folks,

I've been using howtoforge's tutorials for a long time and its great (Thank You).
    Now I find my self in a nasty situation where I have an email server that I use it to send mass emails with newsletters.

My problem is that, even that I filter the database for valid or non-valid email addresses, with some php scripts I developed, in the database that I have, it takes a long time which is the thing that I don't have. So, I have to send the newsletter to all the email addresses I have (valid or not), and that generates lots of Email Delivery Errors.

Now I am looking for a way to filter those non valid emails through postfix or some app, and save them in a file so I can later compare them.

So there goes my question: Are there any logs/apps that contain those Email Delivery Errors?

Thank you,
    w0rldart

PS: Hope I was clear, if not, I will give my best to explain better next time.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I guess you have some sort of mailbox where the bounces arrive? You could then use that mailbox to achieve your goal.

3. alleks

alleks Member

Yes I do, but the think is that I just can't think of a way to achieve that goal.

Could you guide me a bit through this?

Thank you,
    w0rldart

BTW: How can I do that, if emails are downloaded on my computer and no copies left on the server? That's why I was asking for a log, or any other idea!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'd leave the mails on the server and then maybe write a script that extracts the email addresses from the bounced emails.