Postfix + Courier + MySql virtual mail users - No certificate file found

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by suntribe, Jan 21, 2013.

1. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hello everybody,

Before I installed the Postfix + Courier, I uninstalled sendmail. But now, when I try to connect via secure connection to receive/send emails, in mail.log i see a line that says that the certificate file is missing. The problem is that the certificate file is actually a sendmail certificate file (it is located in /etc/mail/tls/ directory and the file that is missing is sendmail-server.crt). I'm positive that this is the sendmail certificate file, but as sendmail is not installed I have no clue, where could this setting be located so I can change the path to a valid Courier certificate that I have created.

Can someone help me fix this issue? Falko? :)

2. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Any help would be appreciated. The non-existing sendmail certificate is really giving me a headache... I simply cannot find where this setting is located...

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Please post the exact error message.

4. suntribe

suntribe New Member

The exact message says:

imapd-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/905b837e.0: No such file or directory
    pop3d-ssl: couriertls: /etc/ssl/certs/905b837e.0: No such file or directory

I've looked where the file points to and found out that it points to /etc/mail/tls/sendmail-server.crt.

I really have no clue why it is trying to get that file as I have removed sendmail before instalation of Postfix + Courier installation... It is obviously written somewhere...

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Please check your Courier configuration (should be in /etc/courier).

6. suntribe

suntribe New Member

I have already looked there... I cannot find any setting that would point to this file... In imapd-ssl and pop3-ssl files there are paths to the valid certificates, but courier still searches for this one...

Do you maybe know where exactly should I look at?

7. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Falko, is there any other place where I could try to look for?