postfix address_verify_map for relaying

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ispcomm, Nov 1, 2013.

1. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

I normally run postfix with

address_verify_map = hash:/var/lib/postfix/verify

for relaying mail to customer domains (i.e. domains for which I don't want or like to know the final recipients).

I see in the ispconfig manual that explicit relay maps are "required" for relaying to domains.

If I modify the main.cf to lookup and cache the verify map as above, are there any issues that could arise?

What happens on a ispconfig upgrade ? Will my custom main.cf be overwritten?

As a general question, when do the config files for daemons (postfix/apache etc) are being overwritten ?

thanks

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The config files that are configured by ISPConfig are overwritten on an ISPConfig Update, BUT:

a) ISPConfig does not completely recreate the postfix main.cf, it just modifies the entries it needs using the postconf command, so your change in this case should not be overwritten.

b) Since the latest version there is the possibility to override the config templates used on upgrades.
    Download the stable tar.gz and have a look in the install/tpl folder.
    You can copy each of these templates to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/
    Files there are taken instead of the corresponding file in the installation directory, so you can make any needed change in there.

3. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

thank you for pointing this out.

my postfix setup is way different to the default ispconfig, so I'll try to make it survive upgrades via your suggestion.