polish letters

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by sirmee2001, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. sirmee2001

    sirmee2001 New Member

    I don't know if this problem has anything to do with ISPConfig. Before the installation of ISPConfig and apache2 I had version 1.3 of apache and my sites were displaying polish characters. However, after the installation of ISPConfig and other related programs my sites are no longer displaying polish characters correctly (including sites created after installation). I have made changes in all files I can think of regarding "charset" but this has not helped in any way. Does any one have an idea what could be the problem? You see what I am talking about here: http://afroclaudine.pl
    Any kind of help will be appreciated. My clients are about to kill me.:mad:
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator

    Please search your apache2 configuration files for the directive AddDefaultCharset and set it to:

    AddDefaultCharset Off

    Then restart the apache webserver.
     
  3. sirmee2001

    sirmee2001 New Member

    I tried that but that didn't help. Any ideas? I am beginning to think that no one has ever had this problem before. I cant find a solution anywhere. Even the mighty google doesn't seem to know the answer. ;-)
     
  4. sirmee2001

    sirmee2001 New Member

    I had to take the afroclaudine.pl site offline. So is you want to see my problem have a look at czarnamuzyka.com
     
  5. till

    till Super Moderator

  6. sirmee2001

    sirmee2001 New Member

    Thanks a lot. I think my problem is solved (partially). Something strange is happening when I open a certain page with polish letters. One time they display properly and if I refresh the page the polish characters are not displayed properly again. Thanks for the link.
     

Share This Page