/phpmyadmin url returns �-41�76Y in username field

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nap, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nap

Nap Member

Hi,
    I've just installed phpmyadmin, as part of the preparation for ISPConfig.
    Initially I couldn't access /phpmyadmin and was getting an Error 404 message. I found a solution, which worked for me, by adding a sym link as follows:
    Code:
    ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
    Now I'm able to get to the page, but to my UTTER surprise, the username field is not blank when the page is opened. At first it seemed as though these were random characters (�-41�76Y), but they are linked to the url I use (ie IP access causes them, and one of my 3 domains as well) [the domain name that causes it is the same as localdomain, but this hasn't happend in previous install runthroughs) These characters persist each time I enter the log in screen, use page refresh or full page refresh etc.

I am still able to log in as usual, just need to type over those characters.

I've never seen this before. Anyone know what's going on ?

Cheers,
    Nap

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

This is normal - I've seen this so many times. Just delete the garbage from the inout field and fill in the correct username. This is nothing to worry about.

3. Nap

Nap Member

will do, just wanted to check for solution and report the fact it's happened to me.
    Also, now that I've used the page, its showing the last logged in username in my browser. Not sure what other users will see 1st time.

Any idea where its coming from? Maybe the last user field isn't initialized properly during install or 1st setup? Funny thing is that in the 5 or so installs I've done on this VPS, this is the 1st time it's happening. Was hoping for the perfect install (had other issues on the previous installs), but I guess I'm close enough.

Cheers,
    Nap