phpmyadmin and webmail

Discussion in 'General' started by jcombs_31, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

I now have everything running with ispconfig3 RC1 and all is well, almost.

Let's call my domain for the server "mydomain.com".

I was able to access phpmyadmin via mydomain.com/phpmyadmin and the same for webmail (squirrelmail).

But I now created a site for mydomain.com so if you now try to visit mydomain.com/phpmyadmin I get the 404 because obviously phpmyadmin is not in that directory tree.

Do I have to move phpmyadmin into that directory if I want to access the same way or do I have to create a new site for it?

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You can create a symlink for phpmyadmin in the side, or you access it by IP address.

3. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

When I use a symbolic link I get an internal server error when I try to access it.

4. till

Please post the exact error message that you get in the error log file.

5. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

I checked the log in /var/log/ispconfing/httpd/mysite

and found errors about the .htaccess file

.htaccess: Options not allowed here

Also, when I restart apache I get this error

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Add something like
    Code:
    <Directory /path/to/documentroot>
      AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
    to the Apache Directives field in ISPConfig.

This has been fixed in SVN already.

7. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

Thanks for the AllowOverride, that fixed the phpmyadmin problems. I updated my trunk from svn and ran the update but I still get the apache error if I restart the service.

8. till

Which Linux distribution do you use?

9. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

Debian Etch

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

I think you have to update your sites in ISPConfig so that the vhost configuration gets rewritten.

11. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

When you say "update", what exactly am I supposed to do that updates them?

12. till

Open the settings of a website, change a value like e.g. quota and click on save.

13. jcombs_31

jcombs_31 New Member

That didn't fix it. I still get the error. Apache is working, but clearly there is a config problem.

14. till

This error?

VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

If yes, thats uncritical. You can either ignore it or change the apache default vhost from debian / ubuntu to listen to *:80 and not just *