php_open_basedir not refreshing on apache restart

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mjbarfoot, Mar 3, 2011.

1. mjbarfoot

mjbarfoot New Member

I'm using v3.0.2.2. I've updated php_open_basesdir in web_domain in the dbispconfig database but when I restart apache phpinfo still shows the old values?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do not change any values in the database directly, manual changes will not get applied and not get written to config files.

To change the open basedir, login to ispconfig, do to the settings of the website and change the values there.

3. mjbarfoot

mjbarfoot New Member

Thanks Till,
    If you don't mind I would love to know where it writes out the config too. I spent quite a bit of time hunting this one down ... just so I can get my head around it. I knew it wasn't php.ini because it wouldn't be dynamic. I thought it must have been writing php directives into the vhost.conf but that wasn't it either. I see nothing in the site web folder too so can't work out what actual config fille is being updated...

Understanding this may help me solve another small problem too.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The configuration is written to a php.ini file which is in the directory /var/www/conf/web[ID]/php.ini

ISPCOnfig is based on transactions, so every chnage which is not part of a transaction in the sys_datalog will not get written to disk. Thats why you cant edit values manually in the database.