[php ver solved] CMS Sites seem slow

Discussion in 'General' started by Viper_iii, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Viper_iii

Viper_iii New Member

the initial load of several sites that are on CMS are very slow

(Debian Jessie) ISPConfig 3.1.2

static pages are fast but CMS sites using mysql / mariadb are pretty bad slow..

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017 at 5:00 AM
  2. Viper_iii

Viper_iii New Member

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Member

Your php version also play its parts. Php 7 and above for example is much more faster than any php 5.

Viper_iii likes this.
  4. Viper_iii

Viper_iii New Member

good call was running default 5.6
    5.6.30-0+deb8u1

just was set to fast-cgi vs fpm - fpm for some reason fails to work - something with php messed up on my 7.x installs and paths somewhere.
    Currently set to 7.1.0 FastCGI
    and testing again..
    that the backend of joomla site works fine - but front end gets:
    Error displaying the error page: Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded: Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded​

setting to 7.1.0 FPM
    same issue - which is with the sites not the php - but also very possibly a bug in php 7.1.0 since its now up to 7.1.4 and updating is a little more of a hassle since there ins't an auto script - which would be nice!

5. Viper_iii

Viper_iii New Member

Now set at 7.0.11
    fpm and still pretty slow only on CMS pages, but
    updated both themes to their current versions and all other parts but only below really seemed to help.

Error in particular was due to theme issue I found
    https://goo.gl/DUqI0F
    however Wordpress didn't have an issue but is now also working much better...
    odd... maybe just needed a kick in the right direction!

----
    still initial load is pretty slow but that might be the VM - I'll see if I need to add more resources but odd its got way more power than another host I'm using with a different hosting engine and its much faster... interesting...

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Member

I do not have any sites using Joomla but by those using WP is blazing fast so far with php7.1