PHP-Mcrypt

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by colin, Feb 24, 2008.

1. colin

colin New Member

Hi

I am trying to get PHP-Mcrypt installed on Centos 5 the only file i could find is libmcrypt. is this right or is there other files i need to download?
    I thort there was a how to that covered this but cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated

Colin
    Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
    PHP 5.1.6

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. topdog

topdog Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can do this using yum and all dependencies will be resolved.

Use the rpmforge repo
    Code:
    rpm -Uhv http://apt.sw.be/packages/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
    yum install libmcrypt

3. topdog

4. colin

colin New Member

Thanks for the reply Topdog. I am using virtualmin to administer the server and according to this software it is installed but not enabled (needs dynamic loading:confused: :confused: :confused: ) I have tried adding extension=libmcrypt.so to php.ini but still nothing shows up in phpinfo(). I have restarted apache and even done a reboot. What am i doing wrong??

Colin

5. topdog

You need this instead
    Code:
    extension=mcrypt.so

6. colin

colin New Member

ok changed that and restarted but still nothing. When i get back to the server i will uninstall the package and reinstall. Should the code below also update the php.ini file or do i have to do that bit myself?

Code:
    rpm -Uhv http://apt.sw.be/packages/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
    yum install libmcrypt
    Thanks
    Colin

7. topdog

That just installs the library you need to install the php extension which you can get from the site i linked.

If you install the rpm you do not need to modify anything as the rpm installs a file in /etc/php.d which loads the extension.

8. colin

colin New Member

Yhanks Topdog

Sorted!

9. tedyu

tedyu New Member

I installed mysql and mcrypt:
    [[email protected] lib]$ cat /etc/php.d/
    dbase.ini mhash.ini mysql.ini pdo_mysql.ini
    mcrypt.ini mysqli.ini pdo.ini pdo_sqlite.ini

But I still see:

[Sun Apr 12 12:07:37 2009] [error] [client 10.13.8.22] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /home/wr_webroot/framework/Webroot/DAO/Dispatcher.php on line 43

Any idea ?

10. topdog

Did you restart apache ?

11. tedyu

tedyu New Member

Yes I did.

Ted

12. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can create the following PHP file...
    PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    ... and call it in a browser. Do you see MySQL enabled there?

13. tedyu

tedyu New Member

I restarted Apache.
    First I saw:
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/mcrypt.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

So I symlinked /usr/lib/php/modules/mcrypt.so to /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613
    But then I saw:
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mcrypt: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nPHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

How do I install 20060613 mcrypt ?

14. topdog

It looks like your installed mcrypt was built from source as well as rpm and one is linked to a different php version