PHP - Java Compile

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ToysunStory, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Hi all,

I am using Centos 4.4 with perfect set-up. Due to an API I have to use, I need to compile PHP5 with Java support. I've downloaded Java 1.4.2 SDK and install it with rpm -Uvh. java -version shows the write version. Then;

./configure --with-apxs=/var/new/httpd/bin/apxs --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all --with-config-file-path=/var/new/php --enable-ftp --prefix=/var/new/php --with-openssl=/var/new/openssl --with-mysql=/usr --with-pgsql=/usr --with-java=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12 --disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --disable-simplexml --without-pear

make install

Everything's going well but nothing related to Java. I cannot found php_java.jar or files. Other than java new compiled PHP works well.

I can't install PHP-Java-Bridge either. Gave me error when I try to compile it too.

Any suggestion?
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you restart Apache afterwards?

You can run
    afterwards you can search for the files like this:
    locate php_java.jar
    Isn't there a PHP-Java package from CentOS? You can run
    yum search php
    to search for all available PHP packages.
  3. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Yes, but nothing related to apache. I can't add java section in php.ini because of compiling php doesn't produce php_java.jar file.

there is no php-java package in centos repos.
  4. falko

I think it should produce an .so file, maybe or something like that. Try
  5. ToysunStory

ToysunStory New Member

Problem solved :) At last I discovered PHP5 doesn't produce any and php_java.jar files. With PHP4 I solve the problem. Within a few days I'm going to write here step by step.
  6. falko

That would be great so others can see the solution, too. :)
  7. jsvarma

jsvarma New Member

PHP_JAVA.jar file not found

Hi ToysunStory / Falko,
    I have installed RHEL ES 4.0 U3., PHP 4.2.X, JDK 1.3.

We are able to run the ./configure command & compile PHP with JAVA option.
    We are also able to complete the make command
    When we run the make install command, we get a error 127 php_java.jar message.
    We tried to locate the file php_java.jar in the system using the locate php_java.jar command, but the same file is not found. We are able to get the files and all other required files. Only Php_java.jar file is missing.

Can you pls let me know what i am doing wrong. My sequence of instllation is:
    1. Install JDK
    2. Run the ./configure command with -Java option
    3. make
    4. make install (we get error here & subsequently cannot find the php_java.jar file).

8. falko

Please run
    and then try the locate again.
  9. jsvarma

jsvarma New Member

Hi Falko,
    Thnx. Although this did not work i have achieved it by installing J2SDK 1.4.X and now i have all the files as required and i have given the required paths

The new issue is that we are not able to execute any of the PHP scripts. When i try to open a PHP file <testjava.php> , it fails to recognize the file and asks if i would like to open it with some other applications.

Any suggestions why this is happening.

10. falko

In the "Perfect Setup", there's a step where PHP gets disabled. Please undo that step and restart Apache.