php.ini, SMTP out and PEAR problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by labsy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. labsy

labsy New Member

I have latest ISPConfig installed with PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.14. PHP is protected with the Suhosin Patch, and it is running as Fast-CGI on all websites.
    I have some problems understanding, how to properly configure PHP, PEAR and SMTP.

First, I have SOME of 50 web sites running WITHOUT below problems, but the rest are having problems I describe below. I canot fugure out, where is the catch.

1.) ERROR when sending mail using PEAR:
    Failed opening required 'Mail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/clients/client1/web11/web/index.php
    The PHP script is exact copy of working script from another domain on the same server, but it does not work. PATH /usr/share/php is correct, permissions are 644 on all files.
    Any idea?

2.) SMTP proxy
    I have a special SMTP Antispam and antivirus proxy server, setup only for my web servers to send mail through it. On my Windows servers I have PHP.INI configured:
    [mail functions]
    SMTP =
    smtp_port = 587
    And it works fine.
    But not on this Linux server - from log, that server is trying to contact destination SMTP directly.

I have edited PHP.INI in both locations:
    Weird is, that when I print phpinfo(), I see only user-specific PHP is loaded:
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php5/cgi
    Loaded Configuration File /var/www/conf/web11/php.ini

Any idea what I am doing wrong?