php-fpm configuration on nginx

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ijujym, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ijujym

ijujym New Member

Hi all,
    Im tuning up the Centos vps with ispconfig and nginx for Drupal 7 site. Ispconfig is realy greate panel and all works fine. But there is one problem with configurations I cant fix myself, the site has an XML import plugin and it suppose to handle large 5-10mb documents. Currently there is such error on import:

Code:
    [error] 11085#0: *389 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client ... upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9013" 
    After searching for solutions for this error I have already increased the max_execution_time but cant find how to increase max_client to check if it is the reason. Please help, what can be the reason this error?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You might have to set something like

Code:
    fastcgi_read_timeout 240;
    To do this, copy your location ~ \.php$ {} section, place it inside the location / {} section and add the above line to the new location ~ \.php$ {} section.

3. abdi

abdi New Member

Hi Falko,

Is it possible to set that variable through API. Ie setting

Code:
    fastcgi_read_timeout 240;
    ALL through API

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You can use the nginx Directives field for this.