Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by killerwake, Mar 9, 2010.

1. killerwake

killerwake New Member

hi guys im having a problem:

if i choose FastCGI, the apache directive php_flag magic_quotes_gpc On doesn't work but php follow symlinks.

if i choose Mod-PHP the apache directive php_flag magic_quotes_gpc On works but php don't follow symlinks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats the normal way these php modes work and nothing special related to ispconfig. The php_flag is a function of the apache mod_php module.

If you want to set variables for php on a per site basis, you can e.g. work with a custom php.ini file that you specify in the fcgi wrapper:
  3. killerwake

killerwake New Member

thanks till
    now i understand that if i use fcgi i can custom php.ini for every domain, but if i want to use mod_php as i used on ispconfig 2 i can't use symlinks :S symlinks works for html but php cant use it :S how can i solve this?
  4. killerwake

killerwake New Member

till i discover why symlinks doesn't work on mod_php it's because a conflict with: php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web2/tmp:/usr/share/php5

is this necessary?????? will open security problems????
  5. killerwake

killerwake New Member

LOL forget it till, i solved the problem by adding on apache directives the path where i wanted to follow the symlink:
    php_admin_value open_basedir /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web:/var/www/clients/client1/web2/tmp:/usr/share/php5:/home/blabla/

Anyway thanks for you precious support!
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010