PHP 7

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by grungy, Jan 22, 2016.

1. grungy

grungy Member

What are your experiences with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4 Patch 8 and PHP7? I had problems with running update.php I get this error

Code:
    PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; db has a deprecated constructor in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 31
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php:227
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 227

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports php 7 for websites but you can not use php7 as system php yet (see perfect server guides for required PHP versions). PHP 7 as system php is not used by any of the supported Linux Distributions yet, so there is no need for ISPConfig to support it as the standard packages of the distributions rely on the php versin of the OS as well. We will support PHP 7 as system PHP with ISPConfig 3.1 when the first distributions start to ship it as their main php version.

3. grungy

grungy Member

Thanks till. I upgraded PHP using https://www.dotdeb.org/ repo so I have PHP 7 on my Jessie. ISPConfig does work on PHP7 but I guess not everything. I recommend we stick with PHP 5.6