Permissions for clients

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by KoS, Aug 29, 2012.

1. KoS

KoS Member

Hi

is it possible to limit the configuration options that a client has permission to use? e.g. disable the SSL page or give the user only basic options of the whole ispconfig interface, e.g. "create database", "create ftp user" but no access to the more sophisticated options. because for most of the clients the advanced options are toooo complicated.

i didn't find any hint in that direction, neither in the manual nor in the webinterface itself.

greets
    KoS

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This will be available in 3.0.5.

Thats available in the current version, just set number of ftp users or databases to 0 in the reseller limits.

3. KoS

KoS Member

thanks, sounds good. is there already a release date planned?

sorry for my unprecise writing, i meant something different. i would like to have the possibility for the clients to create new databases and ftp users, but not have them play with other options of the domain, e.g. disable all webserver configurations (but still let them edit the web statistics password).

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

An alpha version will be released in the next few weeks.

5. till

When you create the website for the client while you are logged in as admin, these settings will get write protected when the client trues to edit them later.

6. 8omas

8omas New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I don't remember if this is already answered, but is there any way to unlock (undo the write protect) of these settings?

7. till

Edit the record of the domain in the web_domain database table with phpmyadmin and set the field sys_perm_group to 'riud'.

8. KoS

KoS Member

thanks for the information, thats a great feature, exactly what i need.

there is neither an information in the documentation nor on the config site. it would be glad if the options that are not available to a client would be disabled/greyed out. at the moment every checkbox can be checked, but clicking on the save button doesn't give any feedback (positive nor negative).

i suppose ALL settings on ALL tabs are then blocked for that client?