Permanent getmail postfix error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dynamind, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dynamind

dynamind New Member

permanent getmail postfix error with fetchmail

Hello,

since 2 weeks I'm in trouble with fetchmail, no matter what I tried, it did not fix this issue:

Oct 1 18:39:06 ws postfix/smtp[26324]: warning: host mail.my-domain.com[XX.XX.XXX.XXX]:25 greeted me with my own hostname mail.my-domain.com
    Oct 1 18:39:06 ws postfix/smtp[26324]: warning: host mail.my-domain.com[XX.XX.XXX.XXX]:25 replied to HELO/EHLO with my own hostname mail.my-domain.com
    Oct 1 18:39:07 ws postfix/smtp[26324]: warning: host mail.my-domain.com[XX.XX.XXX.XXX]:25 greeted me with my own hostname mail.my-domain.com
    Oct 1 18:39:07 ws postfix/smtp[26324]: warning: host mail.my-domain.com[XX.XX.XXX.XXX]:25 replied to HELO/EHLO with my own hostname mail.my-domain.com
    Oct 1 18:40:06 ws getmail: getmailOperationError error (POP error (-ERR Login failed.))
    Oct 1 18:40:11 ws getmail: getmailOperationError error (POP error (-ERR Login failed.))
    Oct 1 18:40:16 ws getmail: getmailOperationError error (POP error (-ERR Login failed.))
    Oct 1 18:40:22 ws getmail: getmailOperationError error (POP error (-ERR Login failed.))

In a thread here I found settings in /etc/mailname should fix this problem, but it did not for me.
    I checked the login credentials with thunderbird, everything works as it should with the mailclient.
    I own a bunch of bloated logs now ; )
    ISPconfig version is 3.0.4.6 - any suggestions?

regards, dynamind

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator

Are there any errors in the mail log of the remote server (if you have access to it) when getmail tries to log in?

3. dynamind

dynamind New Member

no logs

Sorry, no, the remoteserver is mail.kabsi.at, it's a provider.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator

Did you double-check that you use the same settings (username, password) in getmail that you use in Thunderbird?

5. dynamind

dynamind New Member

Yes. I've checked

several times. The settings user/pass are the same.

I'll try to get the logs of the provider.

regards