Performance problem with new server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by erkan, May 26, 2012.

  1. erkan

    erkan New Member

    This is very strange. I have now set up a new server with apache, php, mysql, ispconfig. And I have uploaded a test website to it:

    The problem is that the site is slow in Chrome and Firefox when you are logged in. It looks like the site has finished loading but the browser continue to load for antoher 30 sek.

    This does not happend on my old server. I followed this guide when I set up the server:

    Could it be some apache module that isn´t working as it should?

    The site is a Joomla 2.5.4 site.
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    This can be caused by a name resolution problem. Edit the file /etc/resolv.conf and check that the dns servers listed there are working and reachable fromyour server. You can try the following two nameservers: and which are the free google nameservers.
  3. erkan

    erkan New Member

    Ok this is the content of my reolc.conf file:


    That is clearly not my nameservers, my nameservers are external on another server.

    Can I just delete that and add the IP adresses to my nameserver?
  4. erkan

    erkan New Member

    I tried adding the Google ip adresse but that didn´t make any difference. Do I have to use the ip adresses that goes to the DNS which I use for my domains?

    The problem is really strange since it only appears when you are logged in to the site and only in Chrome and Firefox, not in IE9.
  5. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    No, the ip in this file is the dns server that is used for name resolution on your sever.
  6. erkan

    erkan New Member

    Anyway it didn´t help. But I just trid to install a fresh Joomla site on the server and that one worked without any problems. But my real Joomla site works fine on my old server but has problems on this new one so it must still be a server problem, some code on my site that doesn´t like something on the new server.

    Maybe something is missing, something I haven´t isntalled?
  7. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    I dont think that. The most likely reason for your problem is that soem settings in joomla are wrong, e.g. that you have a wrong path somewhere in the database or a config file that points to a directory that was used on the old server. Check the database and all config files and replace the paths so that they met the new location of the cms system. Do the same for URL's in case that you access the system from a different domain or subdomain at the moment.
  8. erkan

    erkan New Member

    The problem was a path to an image that wasn´t there, when I uploaded an image the problem dissapeared. Strange that my old server didn´t have any problems with that.

Share This Page