Pear MDB on Fedora Core5 with ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maxgen, Jul 18, 2006.

1. maxgen

maxgen New Member

I used the Fedora Core5 perfect setup to create an ISPConfig install and with some few issues have been running it successfully for months now. (thanks Falko - great work!!)

Now, in one of the webs I am creating I need the pear MDB package - however when I use "/pear install -o MDB" after the package is downloaded there is an XML parser download which stops and I get the following error:
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 92160 bytes) in /usr/share/pear/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 179 (the line number varies between GUI and CLI)

Validator.php is only a pointer file for V2.php so the line number is no big deal. My main problem is that my lack of knowledge with Linux and expecially PHP pear. I need someone to point me in the right direction here>

Does anyone know if the error points toward a PHP issue or a config issue like the include path with the perfect setup/ISPConfig install. I just don't know where to start here - thanks in advance

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

This has nothing to do with ISPConfig. Open your php.ini file (the one for your command-line PHP) and increase memory_limit (now it's set to 8M).

3. maxgen

maxgen New Member

Solved

:)
    Yes thank you. I was confused about what was wrong due to the path/filename line number stuff.

To help any other 'newb' to avoid the same mistake - increase the memory in the (fedora core 5 install) php.ini at /etc/php.ini not the one for ispconfig.

Thanks again Falko :cool: