Passwort vs. password and a lot of id's

Discussion in 'General' started by mrtnzlml, Feb 11, 2013.

1. mrtnzlml

mrtnzlml New Member

Hi. I am trying to implement ISPConfig into website using Remote API. But I am really confused. There is a lot of ID's. What is difference between "userid", "client_id", "sys_userid" and "sys_groupid"?

There is one more question. Function "client_get" returns array with the key "passwort", but function "client_get_by _username" returns array with the key "password". What is the difference between "passwort" and "password". It's the same thing?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The function "client_get_by _username" is deprecated and will be removed, so dont use it for new projects. Use the client_get function instead. If you want to get a client by username, the correct syntax is:

$client_record = $client->client_get($session_id, array('username' => 'myuser'));

The only relevant ID when using the API is the client_id. The other id's are internal ID's from ispconfig to manage the permissions of the records.

3. mrtnzlml

mrtnzlml New Member

Thank you for answer. Where can I find another informations? I have ISPConfig manual. There is a lot of informations, but there is few informations about Remote API. I am trying to find description of functions and their return values...

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The remote api documentation is part of the ispconfig tar.gz. You find it in the remoting_client directory.