OS-Update at remote server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CSsab, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Hi,
    My setup is Ubuntu 11.04 host with multiple Debian Sqeeze and Wheezy nodes.
    Not all of my vm's have aptitude installed so if I try to do an OS upgrade from ISPConfig control panel I get errors.

Do OS-Update at remote server

This Action does a 'aptitude -y upgrade' at your selected server.

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

What is recommended here?

Should I install aptitude on every node or can I change the command somewhere in ISPConfig configuration.

Also the exact distro is often not correctly reported in the ISPConfig interface - this doesn't bother me much at all but I would be interested in fixing it if I could.

The Ubuntu host is reported as being a Debian Sqeeze install and the Debian Wheezy (testing) node is being reported as unknown.

Thank you for any help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Either install aptitude on the servers or change the command from aptitude to apt in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-available/remoteaction_core_module.inc.php

Regarding the Ubuntu node, waht is in the file /etc/debian_version ? Regarding Wheezy, this is not supported yet and therefor reported as unknown debian compatible system.

3. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Sure enough it now says "Squeeze/Sid" in debian version on the host which is definately a Ubuntu install.

I can always change this I guess?

I install Ubuntu because I use lxc and the kernel has better support.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I wont do that if I were you. This is the official file from Ubuntu and not a file from ISPConfig and other software packages rely on the contant of that file to detect the installed Linux distribution.

5. CSsab

CSsab New Member

Okay I will leave it alone.