One website, multiple SSL certificates

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by yes, Feb 6, 2014.

1. yes

yes New Member

Currently I have two different top level domains with their own SSL certificates and thus their own IP address. However I would like them to share the code base.

Since I couldn't find how to I currently have a setup with two different ispconfig 3 webdomains. And the most updated directories are rsynced by a cronjob.

Needless to say the current solution is not a great solution and I want to add more domains aswell and I do not want to have a dozen of copies of the same code base!

How can I fix this in ispconfig 3?

PS I run Ubuntu 12.04, Ispconfig

Loves Yes
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

On apache vhost (which is named a website in ispconfig) can only have one ssl cert, so you need to get a multidomain ssl cert which contains both domains.
  3. yes

yes New Member

No, I have had setups with many domains (and IP's) and one codebase very often. But this is the first time I am using ISPconfig and it doesn't seem possible. The SSL is tied to its own website, with its own user client, directory and I want to just share the code. I even tried to move the web directory for one of the websites, I thought maybe creating a symlink may work and even sudo didn't work, like ISPconfig is locking it, really strange?
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Each website runs under a different linux user for security reasons, so you can not use multiple sites with the same codebase. You have to use ne webiste with alias domains.