Offline Services

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by grillonic, Apr 4, 2010.

1. grillonic

grillonic New Member

I'm running ISPConfig3 in a VPS with CentOS 5.4
    I've installed everything and it works fine, except for 3 servers, that are offline...

Under the Monitor section I get this...

Can anyone help me to fix it?? thanks!

I tried to start the dovecot daemon but this is the output...
    Also, when I run "yum update" I got this missing dependency:
    I don't really know if the can cause the problem, but there it says "needed by package dovecot..." and that freaks me out ahahha

well PLEASE HELP thank you!
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. grillonic

grillonic New Member

I managed to get myDNS

this is the current problem mates, I got two services down, says ISPConfig3 [​IMG]

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in lines 709 and 715 of /etc/dovecot.conf?
  4. grillonic

grillonic New Member

Thank you so much for you reply mate, I did yum remove dovecot, then install it again and it worked :S

Never the less now SMTP-Server is Offline, and I don't know how to restart it :S
  5. falko

Any errors in your mail log?
    Please try
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart
  6. grillonic

grillonic New Member

that kinda work...

Well I just reinstall the whole postfix package and it started working, but now I have this other issue (they just don't stop >.<!)...

I wrote to my VPS provider and they ran a test on my server, they told me this:
    And I guess that explains why my ISPConfig panel, all of a sudden and at random periods of time, just stop working, I mean, I just can't even see the welcome screen.

To "fix it" I just reload apache and I can enter again to the panel. On the other hand, if i'm on session and ISPConfig stops, the next warning appears in the browser

Hope somebody can help.
  7. falko

Please install the Date::Format Perl module:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
    install Date::Format
  8. grillonic

grillonic New Member

That help a bit

Sry' bout' tha delay. Your advice worked... in some way, but I still got some httpd errors, and I'm very confused :confused:. At least my ISPConfig panel doesn't crash anymore, but... I just can't point my domains to my VPS :(, is there's any guide on, how to add DNS zones or stuff?

By the way check my error.log, you'll see what i'm talkin' about
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010