No ISPConfig control panel login

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brianetilley, Jan 30, 2012.

1. brianetilley

brianetilley New Member

Hi,

My websites are online and I can login to my server via SSH...but I can not login to the ISPConfig controlpanel, and I can not receive email. Any suggestions?

Debian 6.0
    ISPConfig 3.0.4.2

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which error message do you get when you enter username 'admin' and the password in the ispconfig login?

Regarding email, see mail.log.

3. brianetilley

brianetilley New Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for the quick reply...I can not access the login page. I get a "Could not locate remote server" error in the browser.

4. brianetilley

brianetilley New Member

I can login using the server IP address. Is there a nameserver or DNS problem as I can still not receive email from the server?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you can login by ip, then you have a dns problem. Please ensure that the hostame of the server exists in dns and points to the ip of your server.

Regarding email, please check the mail.log file for errors.

6. DKLeader

DKLeader New Member

One error that I had when I made DNS zones in ISPConfig and added records manually was that I forgot a . (dot) at the end of the the domain names i.e. voiceme.dk.
    If you just enter voiceme.dk it will not work.
    The dot is added if you use the wizard for the zones, but I added some manually and forgot it.
    I dont know if this could be the case in your setup, but worth checking.