new drupal issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by whitty, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. whitty

    whitty New Member

    So far i've seen a few different threads in here about drupal+ispconfig issues, but I have a new one. First off was the 500 error, which I fixed with the allowoverride all thing. Then, as soon as everythings set and the db is connected, I get nothing but a blank white screen, and nothing i've tried helps. The only cause of this that i could find online was memory issues when drupal had a bunch of modules, but we're talking about a stock install, and even upping the memory limit to 64 mb, which is outrageous except for image intense scripts, does nothing to help. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong? I know this is not the drupal forum, but it seems like this may be a configuration with the perfect setup on fedora 5. If not, let me know and i'll ask the drupal forum.

    Thanks, Alex
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

    I don't think it's an issue with the "Perfect Setup" as it merely describes how to set up a standard web server...

    What's in Apache's error log? Is PHP Safe Mode switched off? Is SELinux disabled?
    When you access a
    script in your browser, do you see the correct amount of memory there?
  3. whitty

    whitty New Member

    memory is correct, selinux is disabled, and safe mode is off for the host in question.

    the only error in the apache log is "an unknown filter was not added: PHP", and so far that has shown up everywhere as not mattering a whole lot. any other thoughts?


    UPDATE: Thanks a lot for all the help, i compared my phpinfo() for my local server which works to my test server and noticed that inline error reporting was turned off for the testing server. When I turned it on, I got all my lovely errors back. With the drupal setup, you have to manually populate the database, which i was doing perfectly yet none of my install attempts worked until I turned on error reporting. At the point i turned it on, the database had just been purged and i got all the could-not-read-from-db errors, populated the db, and now it works. No idea why, probably just huge coincidince, but the point is that it works now. Thanks!
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  4. Hans

    Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Share This Page