MySQL questions.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adamius, Nov 25, 2010.

1. adamius

adamius New Member

I have a multiserver setup for ispconfig. With 2 http, 1 sql, 1 mail and a standalone panel server.

my question is why I have to have root access from all hosts to every host on the SQL part? I'm thinking (or guessing from how the install look) that you can have a different user and userpass for every "root" user on each server? so the pass won't eff everything up?

Also a side question what does the firewall in ISPConfig do? It seems that only a handfull of my hosts acc have it :S is it just to install what ever the standard firewall was named (omg getting senile)...
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That is needed for installation as only the mysql root user is able to create the new mysql users used by ispconfig. The root password for the master is not used to run ispconfig and not stored anywhere on the slaves.

It does what every iprtables firewall is doing. It filters the network traffic and allows you to open / close ports.
  3. adamius

adamius New Member

Well I do know what the firewall *is* and does, but why does it seem like there is only one of 4installed hosts that have that, shouldnt that be apart of the guide? (regarding the multiserver setup guide on this site).

And for the Mysql Question, then I can just remove the account when I feel done with the setup?
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The firewall is enabled on that servers where you added it in ispconfig for.

Yes. But you will have to add it again every time when you want to install a update. So I wont remove them.