Mysql Issue related to ISPC3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by diago, Apr 8, 2012.

  1. diago

    diago New Member

    All of a sudden, I am having some serious issues with ISPC3. Everytime I try to create a new mysql database through ISPC3, I end up losing ALL root access to mysql. It is like it is changing the password for root each and everytime because I have to go in with --skip-grant-tables in order to fix whatever it does. The other weird part is that it won't even create the database either.

    I have no clue what is going on and this didn't start until I went to get rid of the prefix settings. Any help in figuring out what could cause this would be appreciated. While I am waiting for a fix, I will just administer the databases using phpMyAdmin.
  2. falko

    falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

    Are there any MySQL errors in your logs? Which distribution do you use?
  3. diago

    diago New Member

    Sorry, forgot to include that. I am using Centos 6.2 64bit. I installed everything based on 'The Perfect Server' tutorial using Apache 2.

    As for errors in the log, none. Only reason I figured out there was a problem was when it stopped creating databases. I noticed it showed a database that I created, however; neither mysql nor phpmyadmin showed the database. Not long after that, I starting getting this when trying to log-in to mysql;

    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

    Like I said in my first post, I ended up having to use shut off the grant tables in order to fix whatever occurred. The only reason I know it has something to do with ISPC3 is the fact that this will occur if I try to create another database. It has happened 3 times now before I realized ISPC3 was causing this issue.

    Hopefully you will know what the issue might be. I know there being no error messages is going to make it hard to track down the issue, however; here's hoping.

    P.S. The only message ISPC3 was giving me was that it couldn't connect to database. Also, the only thing I did was remove the prefix for both database and database user. Being the only one using this, I see no use for it. Also, I set root as the database user. I have tried to stop this from happening by putting everything back to the way it was, but that isn't fixing it.

    Also, I was having other issues where, when I originally set all of this up, I set my domain up through a client. After a few days, everything (including 2 domains) all turned into SSL default and would not show the actual website, but the Apache 2 Installed page. I ended up deleting all sites and the client in order to fix this. I then set the domain up for the admin itself.

    Perhaps this information can help with tracking down the issue as well.

    EDIT: Also, this occurs even with a different db user being added. I attempted it using both dbname: test & dbuser: test (also dbname: c0test & dbuser: c0test) and the issue still occurs.

    EDIT #2: Ok, after further testing and searching, I find out that some how, [email protected] had lost all Grant permissions. This is weird because I don't mess with the 'mysql' database or any of the other two. Some how or another, ISPC3 deleted the Grant permissions. I ended up restoring those permissions and ISPC3 is able to create databases and users once again, without messing up the system.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

Share This Page