MyDNS Not delegating new subdomains?

Discussion in 'General' started by DarCow, Jul 22, 2013.

  1. DarCow

    DarCow New Member

    I am using ISPConfig and have been for quite a while. At the beginning of the month my server was unexpectedly shutdown due to a power failure at my DC. When it came back up everything started as normal.

    This weekend when I went to create several new subdomains, they did not appear to function. Previously the time between creating a new subdomain in the ISPConfig control panel and when it was accessible was between 5 and 10 minutes (often less than that). It has now been over 48 hours and the new subdomains still are not accessible.

    What should I do to troubleshoot this problem? Domains and subdomains that were created prior to the unexpected shutdown continue to function as expected.

    I am using Fedora.
  2. DarCow

    DarCow New Member

    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
  3. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Try to restart mydns on the shell. you can also try to query the mydns server directly with:

    dig @localhost sub.yourdomain.tld
  4. DarCow

    DarCow New Member

    I have restarted it, yes.

    This is the response I get when doing the test on the server (I substituted my-domain for the actual domain name)

    dig @localhost
    ; <<>> DiG 9.8.4-RedHat-9.8.4-2.fc16 <<>> @localhost
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 7179
    ;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
    ;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available
    ;          IN      A
    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:        86400   IN      SOA 2013040101 28800 7200 604800 86400
    ;; Query time: 2 msec
    ;; SERVER:
    ;; WHEN: Thu Jul 25 12:44:32 2013
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 95
  5. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    PLease check if the subdomains are added correctly in ispconfig, e.g. if you use a fqdn for the subdomain (like sub.domain.tld) then this has to end with a dot in dns. so instead of:


    you have to enter:


    otherwise the zone name gets appended to the dns record and instead of sub.domain.tld you get sub.domain.tld.domain.tld

Share This Page