Multiserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom123, Jun 11, 2013.

1. tom123

tom123 Member

In a multiserver setup, i've created a template with permission to use only e-mail. Then I've added a mail-only server.

When creating users, how can I disable the select for web server, db server and so on? Actually I'm forced to choose a default server also for unused services.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default modules for new users can be configured in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

3. tom123

tom123 Member

I'm not talking about modules, but customers permissions.
    When creating a customers, in the "Limits" tab I have to choose default servers also for services that I don't offer.

4. till

You dont have to choose them for other services, just leave them as they are.

5. tom123

tom123 Member

Select boxes doesn't have an empty value so the first item in the list is a different customer's server. I prefere to not choose server from different customers (that will be saved in configuration) because in case of bug, one customers will be able to see other servers.

Is not possible to add an empty value as default server for unused services?

6. till

This might give issues with other parts of the software, thats why ispconfig inserts a value automatically if none is entered. I will add a todo item to the bugtracker as this has to be checked deeply if we can allow empty values there and which changes are required for that.

7. tom123

tom123 Member

Even '0' is better than setting a server.
    I preferer that in case of bug customers see an error (like 'server not found' because is set to 0) insted of accessing to other customers' servers.

It's just for security