Multiserver Install with internal Network

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alste, Nov 20, 2010.

1. alste

alste New Member

Hi Folks,
    actually i want to change from a manual administration of Servers to administrate them by ispconfig.

At datacenter i have my own servers at rackspace. All Servers are connected to internal Network (192.169.x.x) and except 1 machine they are connected to the internet also.

Now my question:
    is it possible to use internal network for connecting databases so i do not have to allow connecting all databases from the internet ( #bind-address =, cause this is a potential security risk?
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Commenting out the bind-address setting is nescessary in a multiserver install. All logins for the different servers in that install are limited to the IP addresses and hostnames of the servers that belong to the cluster by the ispconfig installer, so it is not a security problem to comment that out.
  3. alste

alste New Member

Thanks for your reply Till.
    Are there any restrictions done with ip-tables by ispconfig? Afaik if commenting out the bind address means that you are able to connect to mysql server from the whole internet.
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes and no. You are able to connect but not able to authenticate. So it is safe as I explained above.