Multiple domains with multiple IP's

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vestport, Feb 14, 2013.

1. vestport

vestport New Member

Hello,

I am running ISPCONFIG 3.0.4 on centOS 6.3. I am familiar with ISPCONFIG but have never dedicated IP addresses to multiple domains. Can someone please explain the procedure.

Thank you,

Art

2. vestport

vestport New Member

Just want to clarify. I have up to 5 IP's that I can use and would like to have a few domains have their own IP address.

3. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

1) Add the IP addresses in your network card configuration.
    2) Add the IP addresses under System > Server IP in ISPConfig.
    3) The new IP addresses are now available in the IP select field when you create or edit a site.

4. vestport

vestport New Member

Thanks Till.

Under "Sites" I have the IP selected that I want for this domain with a separate IP that I will call domain1. I tried to ping this domain from another address (www.domain1.com) after following your suggestions and ping is responding with the DNS server IP and not the one I selected under "Sites" for "domain1.com". So, then under "DNS" I thought I may have to put the IP I selected for this domain (domain1.com) for the "A Records" and that doesn't work either. I did leave the "A" records for the nameserver alone and just changed the IP for domain1.com (domain iteself, "www" and "mail" A records).

If I ping the actual IP of the domain1 IP that I added it does respond but again when I ping "www.domain1.com" it responds with the DNS server IP and not the IP of "domain1.com".

What am I doing wrong?