Multi server existing environment : import & creation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by arrakeen, Jul 23, 2012.

1. arrakeen

arrakeen New Member

I've successfully installed ISPConfig 3 on a existing multi server environment.
    Everything seems correctly synced.

I now have 2 questions :

1) How can I easily add (import) all of my existing websites (about 100 websites hosted) into ISPConfig 3 ?

2) It seems I can't add a new website. The procedure completes successfully but nothing happens. There are no virtualhosts or website folder created... How come?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Either create tehw ebsites manually or use the remote API.
    2) The most common problem is wrong /etc/hosts entrys during setup which result in a mysql permissions problem so that the slave server can not connect to the master anymore. See ISPConfig FAQ for debugging instructions.
  3. arrakeen

arrakeen New Member

Thanks for your answer.
    I'll check for it.
  4. arrakeen

arrakeen New Member

Finally, i managed to make it work.

Now something weird happened, ISPConfig decided to delete all of the websites directories when i tried to resync it.

I think it's normal but a confirmation action would have been nice... :(
  5. till

A resync will normally not delete all websites, it just checks permissions and rewrites the configuration. A deletion of a website can only happen when the path of the website in the database is wrong so that ispconfig recreates the site when the information in the database does not match the system folder layout. You should compare the fields in the web_domain database table of a website that you created in ispconfig with a website that you imported, there must be a problem with the paths.
  6. arrakeen

arrakeen New Member

I agree with that but why all of the websites have been removed?
    Even those who were not registered in the database?...
  7. till

Most likely you added a website with root directory /var/www/ or similar trogh the api instead of /var/www/clients/client[ID]/web[ID]
  8. arrakeen

arrakeen New Member

Is that the reason why all of the websites have been deleted by ISPConfig? The paths must ALWAYS contain these IDs ?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. till

The path must be unique per site, it has to match the scheme that is configured in the server settings and it may not contain any values that might change when the domain name or any other settings of the site are changed, so the domain name of a website can not be used as folder name in the path, ispconfig creates symlinks for that instaed to make shell navigation for the admin easier. To ensure these requirements, ispconfig uses a directory for each client which contains the client ID and inside is the directory of the website which has the ID of the website in its name.