Mono php-fpm pool possible for multiple sites?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pasa, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Pasa

Pasa New Member

Hello everyone!

I have a similar issue as the poster in this thread:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/optimizing-multi-php-fpm.81606/#post-386706

My configs looks something like this:
    pm = dynamic
    pm.max_children = 10
    pm.start_servers = 2
    pm.min_spare_servers = 1
    pm.max_spare_servers = 5
    pm.max_requests = 0

The problem is, that this server belongs to a client of me. I have set up a system, that allows him to create sites through the ISPConfig Admin interface. But of course with each new site, another php-fpm pool is created. As of now, there are around 11 sites hosted on this system and the RAM is pretty much on it's limits all the time.
    As the server only has around 4GBs of RAM, that doesn't wonder me too much. But sadly it's not my decision to upgrade said server.
    To prevent this from happening, my client would need to recalculate the necessary RAM per instance of php-fpm and then modify the settings for each site, every time he want's to create a new site. That's not really an option either, as he's not that tech savvy.
    Is there a possibility to create a single pool for php-fpm, which all sites would then share?
    I know about the advantages of having multiple pools, but I don't see any possibility of doing that in the current constellation.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
    Patrick

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just switch to ondemand mode rather than dynamic. That is actually the default nowadays.