Mirror server not showing information!?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SwOsHiE, Dec 11, 2011.

1. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Hello!

In a other post I had the issue with missing information from other servers in the ispconfig 3 cluster, now I made a completely new system with only 2 servers (mirror cluster) and hoped that the problem was going to be solved.

BUT I get the same problem, nothing shows up on server2 (mirror). Can this be because it is two different systems (32bit & 64bit) ???

My host file looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.10.2 server1.example.com
    10.0.0.2 server2.example.com

The user in MySQL is working and gets all the password and information it needs..

I am getting crazy here :confused:

2. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

To make myself a bit more clear..

The problem is that if I enter the monitor section in ISPConfig3 controlpanel you should see all the information about the servers and also you should be able to go in to the different servers and show all information about them.

But in this case only server1 can do this. Server2 states it's OK and showing green, but not showing operating system, logs, services etc..

I would be extremly happy if someone could help me with this, done this over and over again but same problem.

Best regards,
    Mattias

3. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

No one having the same problem or know a possible solution for this? :(

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you describe is a mysql connection problem. This happens normally when the /etc/hosts files on the servers are not correct before ispconfig is installed.

You can test this by trying to connect from the slave to the master with the mysql command by using the connection details for the amster which you find in the config.inc.php file on the slave.

5. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Just connected to server1 via server2 using the user and password from config.inc.php file and everything works!

But still no information :confused:

My hosts files look like this:

Server1:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.10.2 server1.example.net
    10.0.0.2 server2.example.net

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Server2:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.10.3 server2.example.net
    10.0.0.1 server1.example.net

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

Any ideas?

6. till

Is cron on the slave installed and working and do you use the latest ISPConfig 3.0.4.1? The monitor was broken in 3.0.4.

7. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

On server2:

I uninstalled the ISPConfig3 using:

then removed the ispconfig user in mysql, removed the site config and vhost in apache and then restarted both services.

Then I installed ISPConfig 3.0.4.1 and did everything according to the latest guides for mirror servers/multiserver setup.

BUT still the same problem.. :(

8. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

The only thing I can come up with right now is that the two systems have different architectures, server1 x64 and server2 x86??

But still I think that this should not make those kind of errors..

9. till

The architecture should not matter.

Enable debugging in the ispconfig interface for the slave and then run the command:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

on the slave at a minute that can be divided by 5, e.g. 0, , 10, 15 etc. and then post the output. Check the time with "date" on the slave before you execute the command.

10. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

[email protected]:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    14.12.2011-12:40 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    14.12.2011-12:40 - DEBUG - No Updated records found, starting only the core.
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    /sbin/iptables
    /sbin/ip6tables
    14.12.2011-12:40 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

11. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

This is how it looks like in the monitor section.

Attached Files:

12. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Okey, found a possible problem.. The ntp client was not working on the servers because of a firewall blocking port 123. Now this is fixed and both servers has the same time synced and ready!

Now, tried to install ISPConfig from the beginning but after every installation on the slave I get this error:

Restarting web server: apache2 ... waiting MySQL Connection problem

and the ispcsrv2 user gets no password in mysql..

I am quite shocked because I've made the users (IP + FQDN) and given it the right permission as always but I never seem to be able to connect..

Will test some more and get back to you!

13. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Okey I still have the same problem on server2: mysql connection problem.

Any ideas?

14. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Did everything from the beginning again, now I get all the passwords and mysql connection is succesfull, but still NO information about the slave..

Output of server.sh:

17.12.2011-15:54 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    17.12.2011-15:54 - DEBUG - No Updated records found, starting only the core.
    17.12.2011-15:54 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

Please help, I am getting really tired of doing this over and over again!!

Mattias

15. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

Okey, this is strange.. After about 10min the information showed up!! Maybe it takes a wile before everything is transfered?

16. till

The status is updatd every 5 minutes, i explained that in #9 of this thread.

17. SwOsHiE

SwOsHiE New Member

I misunderstood you, I am very sorry!

Thank you for all your help Till, now I can continue working on the system!!