minor niggle on subdomains/vhost

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by craig baker, Aug 23, 2013.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

A minor thing I noticed (after wondering why vhost subdomains were not working - when you accept the folder/path for the new site, you allow entry in upper and lower case, but you convert immediately to LOWER case only and dont allow any changes.

in my case the folder /TAMIMAGES/ just would not be located.
    until I renamed it /tamimages/ of course!

minor point, but not sure why you would convert to lower case anyway!

also - want to get my raid utility 'recognized' - I've got a rather nice Dell PowerEdge with raid 6 - and its based on the LSI Megaraid module. where would I incorporate this so that the raid status would be properly shown?

willing to get hands dirty...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All paths in ispconfig are lowercase. If a user adds a path in uppercase, it gets converted. Otherwise you get toomany problems with clients that are used to windows and dont know that there are operating systems were upper/lower case in folders matters.

also - want to get my raid utility 'recognized' - I've got a rather nice Dell PowerEdge with raid 6 - and its based on the LSI Megaraid module. where would I incorporate this so that the raid status would be properly shown?

You will have to add it in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/monitor_tools.inc.php