Migration Tool: Copy Website

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Hbod, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Hbod

Hbod Member

Hi,

I've just bought the migration tool (again, was v1 user) because I thought I could use it for following scenario.

I am currently hosting 2 sites (domain.com and sub.domain.com). The site + vhost subdomain shall be moved on a dedicated system. I installed a new server and added this to my multiserver setup. The Website is currently hosted on the master server, which I would like to move my newly added slave. Since my slave does not have a ISPConfig Panel, I am not able to create a remote user.

Can this tool migrate a single website from master to my newly added slave or did I just get everything wrong? I also read about (later) if they are connected to the same master, I shall use ISPCopy but it always ends up with "SSH Login points to local server".

Any help is appreciated.

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you can not use the migration-tool to move something inside a multiserver-setup.
    you can change the server_id on the master for anything related to the site (web_domain, web_database....) and use the resync-tool to write the structure on the new server. afterwards copy the content from the old to the new server (for sites i would use a shell-user with rsync).

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Hbod

Hbod Member

Thanks for your feedback. So I basically tossed 59 € in the trash :D
    Nevermind, I will have use for it soon when I migrate the whole server.