master server postfix config

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kiddiak, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kiddiak

kiddiak New Member

Hi,

I'm noticing that /var/log/mail.log is huge on my master server. Comparing postfix main.cf to other servers ( non mail servers ), they have

mailbox_size_limit = 0
    recipient_delimiter = +
    inet_interfaces = all
    ----- and no more ----

master server has

mailbox_size_limit = 0
    recipient_delimiter = +
    inet_interfaces = all
    virtual_alias_domains =
    virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
    virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
    virtual_mailb.............
    ---- and pretty much the same content as mail servers ----

Is that right ? I can't recall that I configured mail on the master server, the errors are eg.

Nov 18 16:39:21 master-server postfix/qmgr[32013]: warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    Nov 18 16:39:21 master-server postfix/qmgr[32013]: fatal: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
    Nov 18 16:39:21 master-server postfix/master[1165]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/error pid 32020 exit status 1
    Nov 18 16:39:21 master-server postfix/master[1165]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/error pid 32021 exit status 1
    Nov 18 16:39:21 master-server postfix/master[1165]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/error pid 32023 exit status 1
    Nov 18 16:39:22 master-server postfix/master[1165]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/qmgr pid 32013 exit status 1

hundreds of lines pr min.

I've tried to take mysql db password from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and set the same pw for user ispconfig but I guess the whole system would not work anyways if the pw was off. Any idea? I'm about to remove those lines in main.cf and reconfigure postfix but I want to be sure ispconfig master server ( wo mail ) should not be configured this way in general.

Regards,
    Kiddi.

2. kiddiak

kiddiak New Member

Well I've commented out everything and mail.log is quite now.... if you see that I'm doing something terribly wrong, let me know :) Now I've got to figure out php mail, probably need a new post for that