Mandriva (again)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Tripple2, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Tripple2

Tripple2 New Member

This is my situation:
    - I like to setup a hosting server, all my servers up to now are running Mandriva.
    - I tried the perfect setup, but auto-respond and spam check didn't work.
    - I tried ISPconfig Appliance, updated this Debian system and ISPconfig. Both auto-respond and spam check worked on this system. But all of a sudden vi shows extra characters like ^M, users can't use vi or any other program with an ssh connection, permissions are set wrong when uploading images to a website, etc...

So now I'm getting desperate and want to give my favorite system another try.

Before I do that, this very simple question:
    Is there someone who followed The Perfect Server - Mandriva 2007 Spring Free and had a 100% working server? I want to do this installation on a VM, but this shouldn't make any difference. Right?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ^M character appears in a file if it was edited in a windows editor and then saved with windows line feeds.

If you get wrong permissions when you upload files and used some kind of php based CMS system, then you most likely did not setup suphp.
  3. Tripple2

Tripple2 New Member

The ^M character appears in all files. Since I don't use any Windows I have no idea how this happened.

I have no idea if I use suphp or not since I started with the ISPConfig Appliance, which should be a working system from start.

Thanks anyway.
  4. Tripple2

Tripple2 New Member

I think suphp is setup since the logfile is telling me this:

[Sun Sep 23 20:30:11 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/uploaded_images/add_news.php" as UID 10001, GID 10002
    [Sun Sep 23 20:31:29 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/feed.php" as UID 10001, GID 10002
    [Sun Sep 23 20:32:24 2007] [info] Executing "/var/www/web2/web/index.php" as UID 10001, GID 10002
  5. Tripple2

Tripple2 New Member

I guess I made a mistake.
    Not all files are showing the ^M character but only the files in the new webmail directory.

UebiMiau Webmail Version 2.7.10
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then the UebiMiau Developers use a windows editor. Thats no problem as the ^M in PHP or HTML files does not matter.
  7. madmucho

madmucho ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I use mandriva on some servers 32 and 64bits

I use mandriva on some servers 32 and 64bits 2007 2007.1

Everytime i install or update Ispconfig(s) i must do this if i need antispam and antivir mail control to work. if you Folow perfect setup this things NOT WORK maibe im Lame maibe not..but if i do following things will work.

Fix Spamassassin
    change /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassasin.rc.master  template at line 11
    from /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin/spamassassin 
    to /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/local/bin/spamassassin 
    And copy this file into /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates and you never need do this step when you upgrade, only second step

Fix Clamassassin
    change /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/clamassassin file at line 47
    From TMPPATH=/root/tmp
    To TMPPATH=/tmp
    And mails now go throug spamassassin and is scaned correctly.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  8. Tripple2

Tripple2 New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I try this fix when I have a Mandriva system again.

However, I started to use ISPconfig on Debian systems. No idea why, but Debian looks more suitable as server system then Mandriva. Very fast install, easy to use, etc... But all new to me.
  9. Tripple

Tripple New Member

I setup a new Mandriva mailsystem. This fix did the job. Thanks.

One more issue. Auto respond still doesn't work on a Mandriva System.
  10. madmucho

If you still need correct autorespond in mandriva distro you will need create customized templates for folowing templates and set manualy path to sendmail variable.
    write "SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail"
    below "PATH" line in folowing and copy them to customized_templates.

in this files

And autoresponder work now ok.
  11. Tripple

Tripple New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I don't use Mandriva anymore. All servers are running CentOS now. A lot more suitable as server distro.
  12. madmucho

:) yea CentOS is fine, my brother use it for OpenVZ Control panel as virtual server hosting solution.. Mandriva is little bit different as server :-/ many workarounds.