Managing multiple connections & Dyndns accounts

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Camomille, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Camomille

Camomille New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'd like to know your opinion before making wrong or unnecessary installs. I actually have 3 independant internet connections associated with 3 dyndns accounts. There is a great probability that 2 additionnal connections are installed in the coming weeks or months.
    I am planning to run 5 virtual machines in a "5 network cards physical machine". This should allow me to :
    1. connect to all machines.
    2. monitor and manually update dyndns adresses when they are down.
    3. use some unused download possibilities ;)

What do you think about my plan? Do I make it complicated as usual ;) ???

Great thanks for your help, comments and suggestions.

2. tebokkel

tebokkel New Member

I know of a way to make it even more complicated!! :cool:

Just use one physical network interface, plug it in a switch (or hub) where the all 3 (or 5) connections are on. If they're al NAT, just make sure they don't overlap on IP-space, or put the gateway's on different IP-addresses.

Also, use just one VM, with the right settings, you could really make it work..

(but basically, it should work. However, regular people would use routers for this.. :p )
  3. Camomille

Camomille New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for your answer.

I didn't know Shorewall and it seems to be what I was looking for ! I'll first try to understand "how and what" before installing.
    Better know where I go before I begin. It will take some time as I still belong to the "regular people" ;) ;)

Great thanks again for your answer.