Mailman issues in

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rodti, May 14, 2013.

  1. rodti

    rodti Member HowtoForge Supporter

    As I'd been having other problems (now resolved) I tried to run the update script with a fresh download of Unfortunately Mailman is now misbehaving.

    Initially Mailman threw up the following in mail.warn:

    May 13 22:44:04 ***** postfix/cleanup[8114]: warning: database /var/
    lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db is older than source file /var/l

    I've fixed this with postmap /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-aliases

    Now I receive an error when trying to post to a list that shows in mail.log as:

    May 13 23:12:58 ***** postfix/smtpd[14680]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT fr
    om **.myisp.tld[**.**.**.**]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User
    unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<[]>

    Searching on the forums I saw the issue but my /etc/mailman/virtual_to_transport is correct.

    Any ideas? :confused:
  2. monkfish

    monkfish New Member

    Have a look at /etc/postfix/, in particular transport maps.

    Mine looks like this:-

    transport_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/
    but at one time when I broke it the entry for mailman disappeared out of that line. My fault, nowt to do with ispconfig.

    If you had backups of previous config try a "diff" on various config files see if you can spot any difference between old and new.
  3. rodti

    rodti Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Thanks Monkfish.

    I've checked and the transport maps are as per your post.

    The same error is persisting, will try and look through the old config files when I have time.
  4. rodti

    rodti Member HowtoForge Supporter

    I've now run a diff between last good archived /etc/mailman and /etc/postfix configuration files and don't see any difference.
  5. rodti

    rodti Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hmm, not sure what I've done differently this time as I'd run genaliases and postmap already, but it looks like those in combination with newaliases plus another restart of mailman and postfix has cleared it.

Share This Page