Maildir permission problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by LionRock, Nov 9, 2006.

1. LionRock

LionRock New Member

Hi

I cant resolve the problem. I get the message:

Code:
    Nov  9 19:07:35 linux-si postfix/local[29503]: warning: maildir access problem for UID/GID=10002/10006: create maildir file /var/www/web6/Maildir/tmp/1163095655.P29503.linux-si.org: Permission denied
    How I can make that will courierpop3login used a aliases from ispconfig ?

I cant login in mailbox with users that I have created with ispconfig in mail section

best regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of:

ls -la /var/www/web6/Maildir/

Please use the username and not the email address to login with pop3 / imap. The usernames have the form web[ID]_username

3. LionRock

LionRock New Member

Hi

if I run "ls -la /var/www/web6/Maildir/" I get next:
    Code:
    # ls -la /var/www/web6/Maildir/
    ls: /var/www/web6/Maildir/: No such file or directory

Yep Im trying to login just with usernames but nothing :/

One more question. What do I need to install on clean server before I run the ISPConfig setup script (because some software ISPC install in time of setup) ? Apache2, MySQL and something else ?

Thanks

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /var/www/web6
    ? What's the username that you're getting this problem with?

Have a look at the tutorials that are listed here: http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm

If you follow the one for your distribution, then your system is prepared for ISPConfig.

5. LionRock

LionRock New Member

I have resolved the problem :) Fresh clean install :) Before I have installed ISPC I have followed other tutorial for setup of email server with mysql etc. So because of that, I think there was a problem. I didn't have a time to check the failure, but today I have reinstalled ubuntu and all works well for now :) I have to setup a server as soon as possible (because of business) so this was the fastest way :).

If I have open this thread I have some other questions. If I create email user,he have a web space and ftp account to right ? Is there any (resseler or admin user) which one have access through all user accounts with one username or password ?

Thanks and have a nice day!

6. till

yes.

Yes, there are admin and resellers in ISPConfig. The user who can edit the other users of a website is called client, the reseller is called reseller in ISPConfig. Please have a lok at the manuals.

7. nenad

nenad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Everything was working so nice for months and then I suddenly started to receive this error ???:

Code:
    Security Events
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Dec  6 15:10:36 server201 postfix/local[25429]: 63454BB48C: to=<www-data@server201.web-hosting.co.yu>, relay=local, delay=0, status=bounced (maildir delivery failed: create /var/www/Maildir/tmp/1165414236.P25429.localhost.localdomain: Permission denied)
    Dec  6 15:10:36 server201 postfix/local[25429]: warning: maildir access problem for UID/GID=33/33: create /var/www/Maildir/tmp/1165414236.P25429.localhost.localdomain: Permission denied

System Events
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Dec  6 15:10:36 server201 postfix/local[25429]: warning: perhaps you need to create the maildirs in advance

8. till

Please post the output of:

ls -la /var/www/Maildir/tmp/

Also make sure that the userquota and groupquota (website quota) is not full.

9. nenad

server201:~# ls -la /var/www/Maildir/tmp/
    ls: /var/www/Maildir/tmp/: No such file or directory
    server201:~#

BTW problem disappeared by itself ?

10. till

These type of problems are the best and worst at once :(

11. nenad

It seems it's back again:

12. till

This happens if someone sends a mail to the user www-data, as www-data shell not receive ails, the error message is ok and just means that postfix has refused to save the email.